Just like the name would suggest, We at Eurobanktech are here to provide you with the latest news and information that you need. We cover all the key areas of finance, from the big banks to the investment banks. So if you’re looking for breaking news, a race to the bottom on interest rates or just want to know how stock markets are faring, then you’re at the right place.
Do you need to be investing at all times? Do you need to be making the most of your money? Do you need to consider the future of Europe? Should you be looking at a retreat from the eurozone? Or are you simply better off simply keeping calm and carrying on? If so, eurobanktech has the answers for you.
Since the financial crisis of 2007-2008, there has been a shift in the way the world views financial institutions and the role they play in our economy. It is no longer enough to be a bank with a solid balance sheet. Financial institutions must be socially responsible as well, or risk losing clients and market share.
Want to make extra money and know you’re helping others? A satisfying and flexible job? Then you might be interested in a job at Magic Ears.
What are magic ears?
Magic Ears is an online platform that teaches English to students aged 4 to 12. The company hires teachers from around the world to teach 25-minute lessons to 4 students (models 1-4). Unlike a regular teaching job, you have no contact with parents. Magic Ears takes care of the communication and other formalities. Compared to other companies offering English courses, Magic Ears is known to offer one of the most competitive salaries. In addition to the base salary, there are many opportunities to make more money – up to $26/hour! The program and lessons are provided by the company. As a teacher, you follow the lesson plan and make sure you don’t miss a single slide. Because students live in China, you can be in class very early in the morning or late at night. Classes are held 7 days a week. The beauty of this method is that you choose when you want to teach. You have complete control over your working hours – which means you can earn as much as you want. Magic Ears has the following requirements for those who want to work for this company:
- Speak English at an idiomatic level
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in any field or be a student actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree (an official transcript must be submitted).
- Completion of 120 hours of ESL* certification.
- In addition, experience as an English as a Second Language teacher is preferred.
- They also offer a fully accredited advanced TESOL course for $20.
The application procedure is simple. Click here for more information on course registration, applications, interview tips and payment options. As someone who loves teaching and interacting with kids, I thought it would be great to get some first-hand advice from someone who works at Magic Ears. I had the pleasure of meeting Kari, a former second grade teacher. Class and mother of four, to be interviewed. Here’s his interview.
Can you tell us a little about yourself and how you got started at Magic Ears?
My name is Kari Bruderer. I am the mother of four wonderful children and the wife of an amazing man. My teaching career began 13 years ago. After college, I taught for 3 years at a fixed school. But when I had my own children, I quit teaching full-time to stay home with them. I wanted to keep my teaching fresh and my license current, so I continued to teach 1 or 2 days a week for 8 years. I loved working in the classroom, but it was always a challenge to come to work each week and arrange childcare. In 2017, a friend of mine called me excitedly to tell me about a new company called Magic Ears. I learned that I could teach children in China from home through their online platform. Making money at home is great. My interest was immediately piqued, to say the least. The company sounded great and I decided I had nothing to lose, so I applied immediately. I will be forever grateful that I was transformed that day. Working at Magic Ears has been an amazing blessing and has changed my life.
Can you describe what you do?
As an online instructor, I teach 25-minute classes on an interactive learning platform that allows me to teach four students at a time. I free up class time in my schedule for the days and times I want to work. My orders are confirmed by email about 24 hours in advance, after which I can review the lessons for the course. All the classes are already done, so I don’t have to make anything. Only two props are needed for each course. At the end of each lesson, I leave a short written comment for each student who participated in the lesson that day. In addition to teaching, I am a social media administrator for several Magic Ears Facebook groups. We started 3 years ago, when the groups had less than 100 participants. We now have over three thousand members in our official Magic Ears family Facebook group and 10,000 members in our Magic Ears question-and-answer group. Magic Ears has grown rapidly over the past three years. The Facebook group Q&A is a great place for job seekers to follow the hiring process at Magic Ears. There are many helpful teachers who are willing to walk candidates through the process. The Magic Ears Family Group is a group for teachers with Magic Ears employees to share their lessons and successes and ask for advice. Our official Magic Ears Facebook page is a great place to find content and the latest news about Magic Ears. In addition to teaching and working in social media, my kids have had the opportunity to do voices for different characters for Magic Ears over the past two and a half years. Their voices have contributed to the creation of hundreds of animated video lessons that serve as supplementary materials for Chinese Magic Ears students.
How long have you been teaching at Magic Ears?
I have been teaching at Magic Ears for a little over 3 years now.
What is the application procedure?
Candidates go to t.mmears.com to fill out an online application form. This step only takes a few minutes. Then schedule a maintenance appointment in the portal. You can choose between a recorded interview or a live interview with one of our interviewers. A live interview lasts 5 to 8 minutes and a recorded interview lasts 3 to 5 minutes. After the interview, watch a few training videos and schedule a live test demonstration on a training platform. This step takes about 10 to 20 minutes. If you have completed all these steps, you will be offered a contract if you have passed. At that point, you’ll have to pass a background check and sign a contract to come work at Magic Ears.
How does a beginner enroll in a course?
Teachers can book courses by logging into the teacher portal. Just select the days and times you want to work and wait for them to fill up. If you open slots during peak hours, you will get more orders. Peak hours are lesson times that are in high demand by Magic Ears students. Reservations are not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email approximately 24 hours in advance. A confirmation email will be sent every day around 22:00 Beijing time. Once you have confirmed your lesson(s), you can view the lesson in the interactive online learning platform. It is important that you study the syllabus before starting the course in order to prepare for the lessons.
Do you need teaching experience to succeed at Magic Ears?
The classroom experience is always great. Simple things like childcare, tutoring, etc. can be helpful. However, it is not necessary to have a teaching degree to join Magic Ears. You must have completed or be completing a bachelor’s degree. You must also be a native speaker of an English-speaking country and hold an ESL certificate.
How much do you earn at Magic Ears? How is the salary scheme structured?
Let’s just say that the salary at Magic Ears is one of the most competitive in the online ESL industry. The base salary at Magic Ears is higher than most other companies. With bonuses and incentives, you have the opportunity to earn up to $26 per hour. Payments are made on the 10th of each month. You can choose to pay via Paypal or bank transfer.
Speaking of scheduling, what does Magic Ears have to do with the flexibility to set your own schedule?
Magic Ears is very flexible when it comes to scheduling! There is absolutely no minimum number of classes, so you can set your own schedule and work at a time that suits you. You can take an unlimited number of days off and work on the days that suit you best.
How do you keep the students active during the lesson?
I use fun props during introductions to get students interested even before class starts. I use stuffed animals and figurines to greet each student and ask how they are doing. I wear big colorful hats and headbands to make them smile too. During the games and songs, I sync the words to the microphone and dance to the music the whole time. I call the students by name and put their screen in the middle when it’s their turn. I prefer to teach standing up, so I’m constantly in motion. I also use variations of language to keep it interesting. My favorite part is responding with joy and giving virtual high fives when students do something right.
What advice would you give to someone wanting to teach English with Magic Ears?
One of the best things you can do when you’re applying is find a mentor! A mentor can walk you through the application process and tell you what to do and what to avoid. If you join our Magic Ears Q&A group, many educators are willing to guide you through the recruitment process. One of our most important requirements at Magic Ears is passion! Passion for teaching, smiles, TPR (Total Physical Response), voice variability and energy are essential factors in the success of Magic Ears teachers. The use of body language and hand gestures is important to elicit a response from first language learners and to make the lesson a success. Imagine that you are the presenter of a children’s television program. This will help you immensely in conducting interviews and classes at Magic Ears.
What are the pros and cons of working at Magic Ears?
There are so many benefits to working at Magic Ears! I’ve listed some of my favorites below:
- Not driving to work – I am very thankful that I don’t have to drive, babysit or leave the house when it is cold and snowy.
- No correction – When I taught in public school, correcting papers could take so long!
- No parents’ evenings – I only teach at Magic Ears. I never have to spend extra time meeting with parents outside of class.
- Lack of lesson planning – I never have to make lessons. It saves me so much time and effort. All lessons are created by Magic Ears.
- Flexible schedule – No minimum class. I can decide when and which days I want to work. I never have to ask for time off. I can take a day off whenever I want. I am thankful that I never miss out on kids’ activities or family vacations. If I’m tired or have a rough week, I can take time off without asking too much.
- Teaching everywhere – I like that my work can be taken anywhere. I moved abroad for a short time over a year ago and still had the opportunity to continue teaching. I once taught in a hotel room during the holidays. We have teachers who teach in laundry rooms, bedrooms, garages or bathrooms. Your learning space can be anywhere.
- Understanding of cancellation policy – Magic Ears is very accommodating and understands that life is just like that. If I have to cancel a class for any reason, I have 4 free cancellations per month, no penalty.
- Guaranteed Bookings – Magic Ears books you, not your parents, so you are always guaranteed a lesson and don’t have to advertise to get a booking.
- Teach comfortably – This is another one of my favorite perks of working here. I can teach in my pajama pants, in the comfort of my home office.
- Interactive Platform – The Magic Ears platform is not an ordinary slide show of classroom content. There are songs, games, activities and interactive features. I’m never bored! I dance, move and have fun with the kids. I can move the student’s screen and my own screen to create interest, encourage interaction and hold the student’s attention. The platform also has pens that allow students and teachers to draw on the screen. I can disable or lock students’ cameras in case of inappropriate behavior, which facilitates classroom management.
- Finish work before most people wake up – I like to finish my day’s work before most people in my family wake up.
- Free Refresher Courses – Magic Ears offers free refresher courses every week. Participation is not mandatory, but it is an excellent opportunity to meet other teachers and improve your teaching skills.
- Never just a number – Despite the thousands of teachers at Magic Ears, I never felt like just a number here. I have always felt valued and appreciated. This is very important for Magic Ears. The Beijing team is always open to comments and suggestions from teachers. I love the family atmosphere in our Facebook groups and have had the opportunity to meet teachers from all over the world.
- Growth – Magic Ears recently partnered with China’s second largest online math company to form one of the largest and most successful online education companies offered in China. I think there’s still a lot of room for growth in this business, given the success it’s had so far.
- Salary Increase – Magic Ears offers teachers the opportunity to receive a salary increase.
- Classes usually take place early in the morning – For some people it can be difficult to study early in the morning.
- reservations open and close about 24 hours before – you can’t know your schedule until then. If you are the type of person who needs a predetermined schedule, this can be a challenge.
- There may be gaps in your schedule – You can open 4 study slots in a row, but only 2 can be reserved. You may have to wait between classes to do the next one.
- Passion is the essence of working at Magic Ears – While many enjoy it, for some it can be difficult to smile, show energy and be animated in all classes.
- Time management is another important aspect of working with Magic Ears – It takes practice to teach 4 students at a time, ensure that all students participate equally in the lesson, cover the entire lesson content, and complete a 25-minute lesson in a specified time. This can also be a problem with beginning teachers.
Thank you very much to Kari for her time. If you want to work with children and make a difference while earning money, contact Magic Ears. The company is one of the leading educational platforms for teaching English as a second language. With an interesting schedule, flexible hours, and competitive pay, online tutoring at Magic Ears is fun and worth it!
Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,what you need to know abc today